Spinach quiche recipes
Our top 3 of 4 Spinach quiche recipes
- Spinach and Broccoli Quiche
- Spinach and Cheese Mini Quiches
- St Helen's Farm Spinach and Tomato Quiche
- Recent recipes
- View all
- 200g Spinach
- 200g Broccoli
- 225g Cheddar Cheese . grated
- 170g Feta Cheese. Crumbled
- 1 large onion
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 115g Butter
- 130g mushrooms. chopped
- dash salt and pepper
- 2 eggs
- 250ml milk
- 340g plain flour
- 225g margarine
- 3 (more or less) tablespoons of water
- preheat overn to 190°C
- mix together pastry ingredinats, roll out and place into large quiche dish, or 4-6 small quich dishes
- melt butter with garlic and onion over small flame and let simmer then stir in spinach, broccoli, mushroom, feta and cheddar cheese, and leave to
- equally spoon spinach mixture into quiche dish(s)
- wisks eggs and milk together and the equally pour over each dish and mixture.
- put in oven for 15-20 mins untill goldern brown
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions thinly sliced
- 400g Ready made Shortcrust Pastry
- Flour for dusting
- 400g baby spinach leaves
- 6 eggs
- 50g Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 80g feta cheese (crumbled)
- salt and pepper
- preheat the oven to 180c/350f/gas mark 4
- 1. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and fry the onions for 5-6 minutes until softened, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and use 6 lined ½ inch loose-based tart tins. Chill in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- 3. Line the tart tins with baking paper and baking beans, place on a baking tray and cook in the middle of the oven for 15 minutes. Remove the paper and beans and set aside.
- 4. Lightly beat the eggs in a large bowl, add the cheeses and spinach. Season and mix well then stir in the onions.
- 5. Pour the mixture into the pastry cases and spread out evenly. Place in the middle of the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the filling is just set.
- 6. Allow the tart to cool in the tin for 15 minutes then remove and transfer to a large plate.
St Helen's Farm Spinach and Tomato Quiche
by St Helen's Farm
Views 548, Added Tue Feb 1 2011
- 350g (14oz) Ready made shortcrust pastry
- 225g (9oz) Fresh spinach
- 25g (1oz) St Helen's Farm goats' butter
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 4 Medium eggs
- 300ml St Helen's Farm goats' milk
- 1 tsp Mixed dried herbs
- 175g (7oz) St Helen's Farm goats' cheese, cut into thin slices
- 4 Tomatoes, sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / Gas Mark 6.
- Roll out pastry and line a 23cm flan tin. Line the pastry with greaseproof paper and fill with baking beans.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes and remove beans and paper.
- Cook the spinach for just 3-4 minutes in a little water until leaves start to wilt.
- Drain and cool, squeezing out excess water.
- Fry onions with butter until just soft. Beat eggs in bowl, then add milk and herbs seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the onions and butter.
- Spread spinach over base of the flan and add half the cheese and all of the tomatoes. Pour in the egg mix then add remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until filling is set and lightly golden.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Serves four or slice into smaller wedges for buffet or party food.