Sticky chicken recipes
Our top 3 of 8 Sticky chicken recipes
- Sticky Ginger Chicken
- Sticky Marmalade Chicken With Sweet Potato Mash
- Sticky Coffee Chicken Wings
- Most recent
- View all 8 variations
Sticky Ginger Chicken
by karen507dViewed 1656 times
- 1. Mix together the lemon juice, sugar, ginger, soy sauce and pepper in a bowl to form a glaze. Taste, add a little salt if you wish.
- 2. Remove the skin and any fat from the chicken.
- 3. Slash the flesh on each one 2 or 3 times and toss the chicken in the glaze.
- 4. Cook the chicken under a moderately hot grill, turning them occasionally. Cook until the juices run clear when the flesh is pierced with a skewer.
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Light Muscovado Sugar
- 1 tsp Grated fresh ginger
- 2 tsp Soy sauce
- 8 Chicken drumsticks or thighs
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Salt to Taste (optional)
Sticky Marmalade Chicken With Sweet Potato Mash
by Denise PhillipsViewed 1770 times
- 1) Cook the different potatoes in separate saucepans. Bring to the boil and simmer until soft. Drain and mash. Mix the two potatoes while hot and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper and a little nutmeg.
- 2) Heat a large frying pan with the olive oil. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- 3) Sauté the chicken breasts in the oil for about 8- 10 minutes turning once until golden.
- 4) Add the stock, jam, zest and orange juice. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove the chicken and boil the sauce hard to reduce to a syrupy consistency.
- 5) Return the chicken to the frying pan and mix the sticky reduced sauce over the chicken. Leave on a low light covered until ready to serve.
- To serve the stylish way: Place a generous helping of mashed potato on a plate, top with the chicken and coat with the sticky marmalade gravy.
- Garnish with sprigs of fresh thyme.
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2-3 tbsp. olive oil
- 300 ml chicken stock
- 400g marmalade
- 2 tbsp. fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 Zest and juice of orange
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 kg sweet potato Ã¢â‚¬â€œ peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 kg white potato Ã¢â‚¬â€œ peeled and roughly chopped
- pinch nutmeg
Sticky Coffee Chicken Wings
by Douwe EgbertsViewed 366 times
- 1) Melt the butter in a heavy based frying pan and add the onion and garlic cooking until just softened and translucent.
- 2) Add the remaining marinade ingredients to the pan and slowly bring to the boil.
- 3) Take off the heat and allow to cool.
- 4) Place the chicken wings into a non metallic dish and toss in the cooled marinade. Cover and leave to marinate for a day in the fridge.
- 5) Cook in a preheated oven 400C/ Gas 6 for 20-25 minutes. To check thoroughly cooked through, insert a skewer into the thickest part of the chicken to see if the juices run clear.
- 6) If cooking on a preheated BBQ or preheated grill turn frequently to make sure they do not burn and cook through evenly.
- 7) Serve with seasonal salad of your choice.
- 20 Chicken wings
- 25g unsalted butter
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and finely chopped onion
- 2 Crushed Garlic Clove
- ½ tsp mild or hot chilli powder
- 2-3 drops of pepper sauce
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- 1 tbsp Douwe Egberts Pure Gold dissolved in 3 tbsp hot water
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
Sticky Chicken with Squashed New Potatos and Tomatos
by sianlikescookingViewed 516 times
- You can prepare this a couple of hours before and put in the oven when sutes.
- Put the Potatoes into a large saucepan of slated boiling water and boil until cooked.
- While the potatoes are cooking preheat your oven to 200' gas 6.
- cut each chicken thigh into three strips and place in a bowl. Rub the meat all over with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large frying pan, and put the chicken in to the pan skin side down, you may have to do it is 2 batches. Toss and fry over a high heat for 10 mins or so, until almost cooked, then remove to an ovenproof dish.
- Peal your tomatoes, if you want though it is not necessary.
- Drain your potatoes and lightly crush them by pushing down on the with your thumb.
- Bash up most of the Oregano leaves with a pinch of salt in a pestle and mortar. Add a good splash of red wine vinegar 4 tbls of olive oil and some pepper and give everything another bash. Add to the chicken potatoes and tomatoes and the rest of the oregano leaves an toss everything together carefully.
- Spread out in a single layer in an appropriately sized roasting tray and bake for 40mins in the preheated oven until golden.
- Lovely served with a rocket salad dressed with some lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil.
- 400g New Potatoes
- 6 Boned Chicken Thighs
- 600g Cherry tomatoes, different shapes and colours
- 1 Bunch of Fresh Oregano Leaves
- extra virgin olive oil
- Red Wine Vinegar