Sticky chicken recipes
Our top 3 of 8 Sticky chicken recipes
- Sticky Ginger Chicken
- Sticky Marmalade Chicken With Sweet Potato Mash
- Sticky Coffee Chicken Wings
- Recent recipes
- View all 8 variations
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Light Muscovado Sugar
- 1 tsp Grated fresh ginger
- 2 tsp Soy sauce
- 8 Chicken drumsticks or thighs
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Salt to Taste (optional)
- 1. Mix together the lemon juice, sugar, ginger, soy sauce and pepper in a bowl to form a glaze. Taste, add a little salt if you wish.
- 2. Remove the skin and any fat from the chicken.
- 3. Slash the flesh on each one 2 or 3 times and toss the chicken in the glaze.
- 4. Cook the chicken under a moderately hot grill, turning them occasionally. Cook until the juices run clear when the flesh is pierced with a skewer.
Sticky Marmalade Chicken With Sweet Potato Mash
by Denise Phillips
Views 1734, Added Mon Mar 28 2011
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2-3 tbsp. olive oil
- 300 ml chicken stock
- 400g marmalade
- 2 tbsp. fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 Zest and juice of orange
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 kg sweet potato Ã¢â‚¬â€œ peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 kg white potato Ã¢â‚¬â€œ peeled and roughly chopped
- pinch nutmeg
- 1) Cook the different potatoes in separate saucepans. Bring to the boil and simmer until soft. Drain and mash. Mix the two potatoes while hot and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper and a little nutmeg.
- 2) Heat a large frying pan with the olive oil. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- 3) Sauté the chicken breasts in the oil for about 8- 10 minutes turning once until golden.
- 4) Add the stock, jam, zest and orange juice. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove the chicken and boil the sauce hard to reduce to a syrupy consistency.
- 5) Return the chicken to the frying pan and mix the sticky reduced sauce over the chicken. Leave on a low light covered until ready to serve.
- To serve the stylish way: Place a generous helping of mashed potato on a plate, top with the chicken and coat with the sticky marmalade gravy.
- Garnish with sprigs of fresh thyme.
- 20 Chicken wings
- 25g unsalted butter
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and finely chopped onion
- 2 Crushed Garlic Clove
- ½ tsp mild or hot chilli powder
- 2-3 drops of pepper sauce
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- 1 tbsp Douwe Egberts Pure Gold dissolved in 3 tbsp hot water
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1) Melt the butter in a heavy based frying pan and add the onion and garlic cooking until just softened and translucent.
- 2) Add the remaining marinade ingredients to the pan and slowly bring to the boil.
- 3) Take off the heat and allow to cool.
- 4) Place the chicken wings into a non metallic dish and toss in the cooled marinade. Cover and leave to marinate for a day in the fridge.
- 5) Cook in a preheated oven 400C/ Gas 6 for 20-25 minutes. To check thoroughly cooked through, insert a skewer into the thickest part of the chicken to see if the juices run clear.
- 6) If cooking on a preheated BBQ or preheated grill turn frequently to make sure they do not burn and cook through evenly.
- 7) Serve with seasonal salad of your choice.