Strawberry shortcake recipes
Our top 3 of 0 Strawberry shortcake recipes
- Strawberry Shortcake
- Strawberry Shortcakes
- Strawberry & Lavender Shortcake
- Recent recipes
- View all 0 variations
- STRAWBERRIES INGREDIENTS:
- ¾ lbs strawberries
- 1/5 tbsp sugar
- CAKE INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/3 tsp salt
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- WHIPPED CREAM INGREDIENTS:
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 1/5 tbsp sugar
- ¾ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp freshly grated lemon zest
- 1. Mix strawberries with 1.5 tablespoons sugar and refrigerate while juices develop, at least 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, and salt in a medium bowl. Add heavy cream and mix until just combined. Place mixture in an un-greased 4-inch square pan and bake until golden, 18 to 20 minutes.
- 2. Place a metal bowl and beaters in the freezer during shortcake cooking time. Remove shortcake from pan and place on a rack to cool slightly. Cut into 3 pieces and split each piece in half horizontally. Mix all whipped cream ingredients in the metal bowl with metal beaters about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- 3. Spoon some of the strawberries with their juice onto each shortcake bottom. Top with a generous dollop of whipped cream and then the shortcake top. Spoon more strawberries over the top and serve.
- FOR THE SHORTBREAD:
- 225g plain flour
- 100g caster sugar
- 225g butter, at room temperature
- 100g semolina
- 25g demerara sugar
- FOR THE FILLING:
- 500g strawberries, plus extra to garnish
- 1.5 tbsp. port
- 2 tbsp@ caster sugar
- 300ml double cream, whipped to soft peaks
- 300ml thick natural yoghurt
- 2 egg whites, whipped to stiff peaks
- Preheat the oven to 160C/gas2.
- Put the flour and butter into a bowl and rub together, then add the sugar and semolina and work the ingredients together to form a ball of dough,(or use a food processor).
- Roll the dough out on a floured surface to about 0.5cm thick. Using a round cookie cutter, or the top of a glass, cut the dough into circles. Place the circles onto a lightly greased tray and sprinkle with demerara sugar.
- Bake the shortbread for 30-40mins until they are pale golden and cooked through. Dont let it get too brown. Allow to cool for a few minutes then carefully lift each shortbread with a palette knife and place on a wire rack to cool completely. (They can now be stored in an airtight container).
- Meanwhile to make the filling, place the strawberries, port and sugar into a pan and heat gently until the sugar dissolves, stirring and mashing the strawberries into a chunky salsa. Allow to cool.
- Fold together the whipped cream, yoghurt and whipped egg white. Fold in the strawberry salsa, leaving swirls.
- Place one shortbread circle on a plate and place on a large dollop of the strawbeery mix. Cover with another shortbread and slice one whole strawberry on top of each and serve.
- 100g unsalted butter softened
- 50g caster sugar
- 100g Plain Flour , sieved
- 50g rice or cornflour, sieved
- 1 lemon zest
- 10drops Lavender essence
- pinch fresh or dried culinary lavender flowers
- sugar for sprinking on top of shortbread
- 400g punnet starwberries
- 250g Mascarpone Cheese
- 300ml double cream. whipped
- ½ tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to gas mark 3/ 160 c. Grease and line a baking tray (approx 30cm x 20cm size)with the paper overhanging the side of the tray.
- 2. To make the shortbread: Beat the butter, sugar and lavender essence together with a whisk until soft & creamy. Mix in flours, lemon zest and lavender flowers. Mix until a soft dough consistency.
- 3. Press into the baking tray and smooth out with a palate knife until whole surface of tray covered and quite thin. Sprinkle with sugar and bake in oven for approx 35 minutes until golden and crisp.
- 4. Remove from oven and mark a line down the middle of the shortbread. Leave to cool completely.
- 5. Chop the strawberries into slices.
- 6. Mix the cream, mascarpone, vanilla bean paste and icing sugar in a bowl. Add half the chopped strawberries and gently mix in.
- 7. Break the cooled shortbread in two along the line marked into it. Carefully lift it from the tray using the overhang of paper and gently peel the paper off, so that the 2 shortbread halves remain intact.
- 8. Place one shortbread on a serving platter. Place 2/3 of the cream mix on top of it. Top off with the other shortbread. Smooth the remaining cream mix on top and decorate with the remaining chopped strawberries. Dust with icing sugar and serve.