Strawberry tart recipes
Our top 3 of 6 Strawberry tart recipes
- Strawberry Tarts
- Strawberry Vanilla Cream Tart
- Amber Black's Strawberry and Cream Caramel Tarts
- Recent recipes
- View all 6 variations
- 1 quantity basic tart pastry
- FOR THE FILLING:
- ¼ pint whipping or double cream
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- ½ lb Strawberries
- 1. Set the oven to fairly hot,Gas Mark 6/400F/200C.
- 2. Roll out the pastry,cut into rounds and line the tins.Prick the base well,and bake just above the centre of the oven for 15 minutes.Remove from oven and leave to cool.
- 3. Make the filling:
- Whisk the cream until thick,then whisk in the sugar and orange juice.
- Hull the strawberries,wash and dry well.Reserve about 4 strawberries for decoration.Mash the rest and fold into the cream.
- Just before serving,spoon the strawberry cream into the tartlets.
- Decorate each of the tartlets with strawbwerries
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- FOR THE PASTRY
- 175g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 75g chilled butter, diced
- 1tbsp caster sugar
- 1 large egg, separated
- pinch of salt
- FOR THE FILLING
- 4 egg yolks
- 100g caster sugar
- 25g plain flour, sifted
- 1 vanilla pod
- 350ml milk
- 150ml double cream, softly whipped
- 500g strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1tbsp strawberry jam
- Make the pastry as below. Line the pastry case with greaseproof paper, fill with baking beans and bake blind for 15-18 minutes, until the pastry is golden.
- Remove the baking beans and paper, and brush the pastry with a little egg white. Return to the oven for 5 minutes, until cooked through. Remove the pastry from the tin and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- To make the vanilla cream, beat the egg yolks, sugar and flour in a large bowl till smooth. Split the vanilla pod in half lengthways and place in a pan with the milk.
- Heat gently until almost boiling, then pour on to the egg yolk mixture, whisking all the time. Rinse out the pan and return the mixture to it. Stir over a medium heat until it starts to simmer. Beat well to remove lumps and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and cover with a piece of damp greaseproof paper and leave to cool completely.
- Remove the vanilla pod. Fold the vanilla cream into the whipped cream. Spoon the mixture into the pastry case and level the surface. Arrange the strawberries on top.
- Spoon the jam into a pan with 2tbsp water. Stir over a medium heat until simmering, then push through a sieve into a bowl. Using a pastry brush, brush the warm jam over the strawberries.
- Leave to set for 10 minutes before serving.
Amber Black's Strawberry and Cream Caramel Tarts
by Amber Black
Views 51, Added Wed Jul 14 2010
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- PASTRY CASES
- 1 x 375g pack sweet shortcrust pastry
- flour for rolling out
- 150ml double cream
- 6tbsp dulche de leche
- 400g strawberried, hulled
- squeeze orange juice plus a little zest
- icing sugar for dusting
- TO DECORATE
- mint leaves
- 1. Have ready 4 x 8cm tart tins, about 3cm deep. Roll out the pastry thinly on a lightly floured surface and use to line the tins, leaving a little overhang. Prick the base of each one, line with paper and baking beans and chill for half an hour.
- 2. Preheat the oven to 190C/170C fan/375F/gas 5. Bake the pastry cases for 15 minutes, remove the paper and beans, trim the edges and bake for 5 minutes more. Remove and allow to cool.
- 3. When ready to fill the tarts, whip the cream until thickened. Beat the dulce de leche until softened and easy to work, then fold into the cream. Divide among the tarts. Quarter the strawberries, toss with a squeeze of orange and a little zest. Pile on to the sweetened cream, dust with icing sugar, decorate with mint and serve straight away.
- ALTERNATIVELY You can make 1 larger tart, about 20cm across.