Stuffed peppers recipes
Our top 3 of 30 Stuffed peppers recipes
- 500g ground beef
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 4 large bell peppers
- 200g basmati rice
- to taste salt and pepper
- 2 cans Heinz Tomato Soup
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 tsp. Italian herbs
- 1. Wash peppers and slice tops off and remove seeds from the inside.
- 2. In a frying pan sauted the onion and then add beef and fry lightly for 2 mins (don't over fry or it will go very dry!) Add tomato juice and take off the heat, Mix in 200g basmati rice.
- 3. Stuff the mixture in the peppers.
- 4. Pour sauce over stuffed peppers and bake for 2 hours.
It is ideally served with garlic yoghurt. Or... sliced red onion dressed with lemon, salt and olive oil.
- 9 Mixed colour Peppers
- 1 bunch of spring onions finely chopped
- 1 Bunch of Parsley
- 1 red pepper. chopped
- 1 Red Chilli. deseeded and finely sliced
- 5 cloves garlic- peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tomato pasatta or fresh
- 400 g mince meat
- 150 g basmati rice
- salt to taste
- pepper black pepper. freshly milled
- 150 g Cooking oil
- 50 g Butter
- 1 cup water
- Gently fry in the oil the chopped vegetables + parsleys stalks, leave green leaves for later, add mince,tomato passatta and stir until half cooked, then stir in the rice gradually pouring in 1 1/2 cup of water, turn off the heat but leave it until the most sauce of is absorbed. Finish your stuffing with the the chopped parsley and green onion leaves. Preheat the oven while stuffing the peppers and arrange them in a baking pan lined with tomato juice and water. Cap up the peppers with their tops, a piece of butter on each, sprinkle with salt, cover with lid/folio to cook in the oven for 20 min. Remove the cover and roast for 10-15 min until crisped on top.
- 2 large red peppers halved de-seeded
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small brown onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- ¾ cup rice (basmati calrose - your choice)
- 1 cup (250ml) vegetable stock / Bouillon
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 300g spinach trimmed
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts toasted
- 1 tablespoon dried currants
- handful or two grated cheese / fetta cheese (to top)
- 1) Place the red peppers in a medium sized oveb proof baking dish - uncovered in a hot oven for 15 minutes
- 2) Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan. Cook the onion and garlic, stirring, until the onion is soft. Add the rice, stock, water and juice, and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, for approximately 15 minutes - or until the rice is just tender. Add the spinach, mint, nuts and currants.. Stir until all combined
- 3) Spoon the rice mixture into the red pepper halves and top with grated cheese / crumble fetta cheese onto them
- 4) Bake, uncovered, in a hot oven for about 15 minutes, or until heated through