Our top 3 of 35 Stuffing recipes
- Deirdre's Ultimate Granny Stuffing
- Novelli Toasted Hazelnut and Pancetta Stuffing
- Basic Sage and Onion Stuffing
- Most recent
- View all 35 variations
Deirdre's Ultimate Granny Stuffing
by Claire Viewed 6645 times
- 1. Mix crumbed loaf with sage and onion mix, atora, parsley and pinch of salt and pepper.
- 2. Chop onions as finely as possible and soften in a saucepan with the margarine. Do not fry onions, just soften.
- 3. Add onion mixture to crumbed loaf, and add 3 eggs. Stir mixture until it sticks together. If the mixture still seems dry add another egg.
- 4. Lightly grease the slow cooker with margarine/ butter and empty mixture into slow cooker.
- 5. Cook for approximately 4-5 hours, stirring every half hour until the stuffing is a golden brown.
6 CommentsAdd comment
- 1 unsliced plain loaf crumbed
- 190g Atora
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 3-4 eggs
- 4-5 oz margarine
- 2 small onions
- salt and pepper
- 340g Sage and Onion Mix
Novelli Toasted Hazelnut and Pancetta Stuffing
by Tesco Real FoodViewed 402 times
- 1. Place the hazelnuts on a baking sheet and roast at Gas 4, 180˚,,C, fan160°C for 8 minutes, then rub in a tea towel to remove the skins. Chop them up coarsely.
- 2. Heat a large pan, add the cumin seeds and fry for 1-2 minutes to release their aromas. Add pancetta and cook until it's well coloured.
- 3. Add the celery, onions, apple, sage, pepper and thyme. Cook for 6-8 minutes or until all the vegetables and the apple are just tender. Then add the butter and garlic, allow to melt and infuse. Let it cool a little.
- 4. Put the breadcrumbs, beaten egg and nuts into a large bowl and add the celery mixture, combining well. Allow the stuffing to cool down before using it to stuff the turkey neck. Or place in a buttered baking dish and cook for 30 minutes.
- Top Tip: Make the stuffing in advance and allow to cool before stuffing the turkey neck end - cook the rest in a dish.
- For more recipes from Tesco Real Food visit www.tesco.com/food
- 100g Hazelnuts
- 1 tsp. Cumin seeds
- 150g Smoked pancetta
- 5 Large sticks chopped celery
- 3 Medium onions, chopped
- 1 Apple, cored but unpeeled and diced
- 2 tsp. Fresh sage, chopped
- 0.5 tsp. Cracked black pepper
- 2 sprigs Thyme leaves
- 75g Unsalted butter
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 150g Fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 Egg, beaten
Basic Sage and Onion Stuffing
by John H GlenViewed 3115 times
- Sweat the onion in the oil, until soft but not coloured, mix together the onion, sage, parsley, and breadcrumbs and season well.
- Add enough of the beaten egg to bind the mixture together and use to stuff meat or poultry or to roll into individual stuffing balls, if making stuffing balls, cook in the roasting tin with the meat for 30 minutes.
- YOU WILL NEED
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley. chopped
- 80 grams fresh white breadcrumbs. we like ours to be a day or two old
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium egg beaten
Chestnut and Cranberry Stuffing
by yasminaViewed 14 times
- 1. Preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
- 2. Melt the butter in a large pan, add the onions and garlic cook gently for 5-10 minutes until softened. Add the chestnuts and cranberries and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- 3. Place the sausage meat in a large bowl and break up with a wooden spoon. Add the chestnut mixture, breadcrumbs, egg and chopped herbs, season with salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- 4. Cover and chill until needed (you can make this a day ahead).
- 5. Cook in a buttered shallow ovenproof dish for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.
- 100g chestnuts, cooked and roughly chopped
- 50g unsalted butter
- 1 large onion. finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves. finely chopped
- 100g dried cranberries
- 100g Sausage meat
- 200g Breadcrumbs
- 1 Large egg, beaten
- ¼ x 30g pack fresh thyme, leaves picked and chopped
- ¼ x 30g pack fresh sage, leaves picked and chopped
- ¼ x 31g pack fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste