Our top 3 of 3 Taco recipes
* You don't just have to use chicken in this recipe, you can also put cooked mince in it or other meat. * Instead of tacos, try boritos which are bigger and softer. * You can also put other ingredients in the tacos like fresh, chopped tomatoes, grated cheese and lots more.
1 CommentsAdd comment
- 1 tblsp Oil
- 500g Boneless. skinless chicken breast (diced)
- 1 Onion (sliced)
- 1 Red capsicum (sliced)
- 2 tblsp Wattie's tomato sauce
- 400g Canned Wattie's Mexican styled tomatoes
- 300g Canned Craig's red kidney beans (drained)
- 1 tblsp Chopped fresh coriander
- 170g Guacomole
- 10 Taco shells
- 2 cups Torn. crisp lettuce leaves
- 1. Heat oil in a deep frying pan and brown the diced chicken, turning frequently. This is best done in two batches. Set aside once done.
- 2. In remaining oil gently fry onion and capsicum until tender, but not brown. Add tomato sauce, tomatoes, kidney beans and browned chicken. Stir to combine, simmer gently for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle over chopped coriander.
- 3. Heat tacos according to the instructions on the packet. Serve crispy, hot tacos filled with lettuce, Mexican chicken and top with guacomole. Serve immediatley. Enjoy!
Stir-fried strips of turkey, chicken or pork are an excellent alternative to the minced beef.
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 15ml/1 tbsp olive oil
- 250g/9ozs lean minced beef or turkey
- 2 garlic cloves. crushed
- 5ml/1tsp Ground cumin
- 5-10ml/1-2 tsp mild chilli powder
- 8 ready-made taco shells
- ½ small iceberg lettuce. shredded
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes chopped in chunks
- 1 avocado. halved. stoned. sliced
- 60ml/4 tbsp sour cream
- 125g/4ozs/1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- to taste salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1.Heat oil ikn a frying pan. Add meat, with garlic and spices. Brown over a med. heat, stirring frequently to break up any lumps. Season, cook 5mins. Set aside to cool slightly.
- 2. Warm taco shells according to pkt instructions. Don't let them get too crisp. Spoon lettuce, onion, tomatoes and avocado slices into taco shells. Top with sour cream followed by the minced beef or turkey mixture.
- 3. Sprinkle grated cheese into tacos and serve immediately. Tacos are eaten with the fingers, so have plenty of paper napkins handy.
- 1 Tin Tuna
- 4 Tbsp Coldslaw (already made)
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1. Mix the tuna and coleslaw together.
- 2. Spoon into flour tortillas.
- 3. Can also make with pitta bread - we call them tuna pitta pockets and serve with lots of raw slices of red pepper and cucumber - helps towards their 5 a day.