Thai red curry recipes
Our top 3 of 11 Thai red curry recipes
- Thai Red Curry Paste
- Hot Red Thai Salmon
- Red Chicken Curry with Bamboo Shoots
- Recent recipes
- View all 11 variations
- 9 small fresh red chillies
- 1 red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped galangal (or ginger)
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- 6 lime leaves
- 1 large handful chopped corriander
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp shrimp paste
- 3 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1. Put the oil in a blender / small processor
- 2. Add the chillies,onion, garlic,lemongrass, kafir leaves,and ginger and blend until it is all broken down.
- 3. Add all the other ingredients and blend to a smotth paste (it will have lots of texture and colour due to the coriander, paprika and chillies!
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6.
- Fry the shallots, garlic, red thai paste and chili.
- While this is frying boil the corn for 5 mins.
- Add the coconut milk to the pan. Then the mushrooms and corn (once removed from the cob).
- Simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Place the fillets in an oven proof dish and cover with some of the sauce. bake for 20 minutes.
- Whilst baking boil either rice or noodles and add to the sauce.
- Stir through and top with the salmon. Garnish with lots of fresh coriander and a wedge of lime.
- Enjoy :)
- 2x400 ml cans coconut milk
- 450g skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 2 tbsp. Thai fish sauce
- 1.5 tsp. granulated sugar
- 0.75 tsp. salt
- 225g bamboo shoots rinsed and sliced
- 0.5 red pepper sliced 1 cm thick
- 8 limes leave-torn
- 4 tbsp. red curry paste
- to garnish lime leaves
- to garnish red chillies
- to garnish coriander
- 1. Pour the coconut milk into a large heavy pan, bring to the boil over a medium heat stirring constantly until the coconut milk has separated.
- 2.Stir in the red curry paste and cook the mixture, stirring constantly for 5 minutes on a gentle heat until it's incorporated and slightly reduced.
- 3. Add the chicken, fish sauce, lime leaves, salt to taste and sugar to the pan, stir well, then lower the heat and cook gently for 10 minutes, until the chicken has changed colour and it's cooked through.
- 4. Add the peppers, sliced bamboo shoots. Bring back to the boil over a medium heat, stirring at all times to prevent the mixture sticking to the pan. Taste and add salt if necessary.
- 5. Garnish with fresh coriander, chopped/sliced red chillies.