Thai salad recipes
Our top 3 of 8 Thai salad recipes
- 1 garlic cloves. finely chopped
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Fish sauce
- 4 Mrs Elswood Haimisha Cucmbers
- 1 carrot
- Handful of beansprouts
- 1 red chilli, deseeded
- Handful of mint and corriander leaves
- 1 little gem lettuce
- Firstly make the dressing. In a bowl whisk together the chopped garlic clove, brown sugar, lime juice, oil and fish sauce. Set aside.
- With a vegetable peeler slice the Mrs Elswood Haimisha cucumbers and carrot into thin strips and place in a bowl. Add a handful of bean sprouts, the deseeded and thinly sliced red chilli, the mint and coriander leaves and the gem lettuce. Toss well and divide between 2 plates.
- Drizzle with the dressing and serve.
- 1 steak Beef steak - sliced across grain
- lettuce leaves
- sesame oil
- 2 lime juice
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 inch piece Ginger (fresh)
- 2 tbsp Fish sauce (nam pla)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 Red Chilli. deseeded and finely sliced
- 2 spring onions
- 50ml chicken stock (Marigold)
- handful coriander leaves. finely chopped
- ½ a packet bean sprouts
- Whisk together 1 tbsp each soy sauce, sesame oil, fish sauce and lime juice. Pour over the sliced steak, squish around in the mixture and marinate for an hour or so.
- Make the dressing:
- Whisk together 2 tbsp oil, 2 tbsp lime juice, 2 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp Nam Pla, grated ginger, sweetener, smashed garlic, sliced chillis, 50ml Marigold stock.
- Put a dash of oil in a frying pan over a medium high heat when oil is hot add the sliced beef and stir-fry briskly until outside of the meat is browned.
- Pour over the dressing and when it boils (takes seconds) stir in the bean sprouts.
- Serve on top of the lettuce, sprinkled with sliced spring onions and chopped fresh coriander.
- 500g Fillet Steak
- 50ml Soya Sauce (Dark)
- 25ml Olive Oil
- 50ml Saki or Rice Wine
- 2 tsp Dried Chilli Flakes
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Limes
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 1 stalk Finely Chopped Lemon Grass
- 4 Finely Chopped Green Finger Chilli
- Bunch Finely Chopped Corriander Root
- 2 Cloves Crushed Garlic
- Whole Iceberg Lettuce
- 125g bag Rocket
- 150g Baby Leaf Spinach
- 2 Bundles Rice Noodles
- 1 Red Onion Finely Sliced
- To Garnish Corriander Leaf
- Mix the soya sauce, rice wine, olive oil, chilli flakes and black pepper together. Pour over the beef and marinate for at least one hour, preferably overnight in the fridge.
- Make the dressing. Combine the lime juice, sugar, 25ml water, fish sauce, chilli, lemon grass, corriander root and garlic.
- Lay out a serving platter and cover with shredded lettuce, spinach and rocket leaves.
- Put two bundles of fine rice noodles into boiling water and leave for 5 minutes, then drain when tender.
- Sear the beef in a hot pan or on a bbq and cook until browned all over and pink in the middle. Baste with the marinade regularly. Cut into slices and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Put the drained noodles over the salad. Layer the beef slices on top. Cover with finely sliced red onion and dress with the dressing. Sprinkle with corriander leaf and serve immediately.