Tomato pasta sauce recipes
Our top 3 of 0 Tomato pasta sauce recipes
- Tomato Sauce (for Pasta)
- Quick, Easy and Delicious Homemade Pasta Sauce
- Tomato Pasta Sauce - with Hidden Veg!
- Recent recipes
- View all 0 variations
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 2tbs olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 Clove of Garlic Crushed
- 2 Can of chopped tomatoes
- pinch salt and pepper
- pinch sugar
- 2 or 3 basil leaves
- 1)heat the olive oil in a pan, add the onion and garlic and stir.
- 2)Add the tomatoes and the basil and leave to simmer for about ten minutes.
- 3)Stir in the salt, pepper and sugar then leave to simmer for another 5 minutes.
- 4) after 5 minutes its now ready to add to your pasta.
Quick, Easy and Delicious Homemade Pasta Sauce
Views 54398, Added Tue Jun 5 2007
14 CommentsAdd comment
- 3 Tinned Tomatoes
- 1 Stick Celery
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Leek
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- To taste Salt and Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1. You will need a saucepan with a lid.
- 2. Roughly chop all the vegetables and crush and peel the garlic.
- 3. Warm the Olive Oil over a medium heat and then add the vegetables. Cook for a couple of minutes. Stir regularly, do not let the veg colour.
- 4. Now add the three tins of tomatoes.
- 5. Stir well, bring to a simmer then place the lid on tightly and gently cook for 25 minutes.
- 6. The secret of this sauce is to gently cook the tomatoes for 25 minutes. Don't cut this time short, it will taste like tinned tomatoes rather than a rich pasta sauce.
- 7. Once cooked, blitz the contents, a hand blender is the best tool for this job. Make sure the consitency is smooth.
- 8. Once finished, add salt and pepper to taste.
- 9. The finished sauce can be frozen, or used as a base for any pasta dish.
- Once you have made this, you will always make it. Try adding oregano!
3 CommentsAdd comment
- 2 Onions - chopped
- 2 Cloves garlic - chopped
- 2 Sticks celery - chopped
- 2 Carrots - grated
- 3 Tins tomatoes
- To taste Salt Pepper
- pinch Mixed Herbs
- 1tsp Sugar
- 1-2tbs Olive oil
- 2-3 Red/yellow peppers - chopped
- 1- Gently fry the onions until softened, add the garlic, celery, carrots and pepper and herbs and cook on a low heat until they have softened.
- 2- Add the tins of tomatoes and cook slowly (with a lid added), stirring every so often. Add your sugar and seasonings and taste. Add more seasoning if needed.
- 3 - Blitz the sauce and freeze individual portions for future use. This is a great standby and children love it - even though it's packed full of veggies!
- If you don't want to freeze, just reduce the quantities listed here.