Traditional flapjacks recipes
Our top 3 of 7 Traditional flapjacks recipes
- 4 ozs Quaker Oats
- 1 tbs syrup
- 3 ozs sugar
- 4 ozs butter
- 6 ozs Self Raising Flour
- Melt butter,sugar and syrup in a pan.
- Add the Quaker oats and flour and mix thouroughly.
- Spread the mixture thinly into a greased tin and bake in hot oven(400F/ 200C)for 10-15.
- 4 oz butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 4 oz Rolled Oats
- 2 oz sugar
- 2 oz flour
- 1. Cream the butter,egg and syrup,then work in the oats,sugar and flour.
- 2. Drop spoonfuls on to greased baking trays and bake at Gas Mark 4/350F/180C for 12-15 minutes
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 2 oz sugar
- 4 oz butter
- 2 tbsp. golden syrup
- 4 oz oats
- 4 drops almond essence
- 1. To start, place the sugar, butter and golden syrup together in a medium saucepan and heat until the butter has melted. Then remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the porridge oats and a few drops of almond essence.
- 2. Now, press the mixture out over the base of the prepared tin, and bake in the centre of the oven for 40 minutes. Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before cutting into oblong bars. Leave until cold before removing the flapjacks from the tin, then store in an airtight container.