Tuna lasagne recipes
Our top 3 of 3 Tuna lasagne recipes
By the way I always sprinkle with paprika or nutmeg and cheese that melts on the very top.
1 CommentsAdd comment
- INGREDIENTS FOR TUNA SAUCE
- 2 tins tuna
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 small tin cream tomato soup
- 1 onion choped
- 2 oz (50 grams) butter
- ½ fl oz (12.5 ml) cornflour
- ½ teaspoon mixed herbs and dried parsley
- INGREDIENTS FOR WHITE SAUCE
- 1 onion finely grated
- ½lb fresh mushrooms
- 5 floz Cream
- 10 floz grated cheddar cheese
- 5oz butter
- 5 floz Plain Flour
- 2 pints Milk
- to taste salt and pepper
- a sprinkle paprika
- For tuna sauce
- 1. saute onion and garlic in butter. Stir in tomato soup and cornflour that has been mixed in 1/4 pint of cold water to make a paste. Add herbs, parslet and drained tuna.
- 2. For white sauce
- Grate opion and saute in butter with mushrooms. Boil of liquid and then add flour and stir over heat. Slowly, while stirring, add the milk. Add cream and when smooth, add grated cheese and seasoning.
- For the finished dish.
- 3. Boil the lasgne in salted water with a drop of oil until tender and then drain and dry on a cloth.
- 4. Butter a caserole dish and alternate layers tuna sauce, lasgne and white sauce.
- 5. Cover with foil and bake in 180C / 350F gas no.4 until piping hot
A lovely combination - tuna and pasta! All you need with this is some salad and fresh bread.
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 1 Onion peeled and Chopped
- 25g Margarine
- 1tbsp plain flour
- 300ml chicken stock
- 200g tin tuna. drained and flaked
- salt and black pepper
- 1tsp grated lemon rind
- 3 hard boiled eggs.sliced
- 175g lasagne sheets
- 150ml yoghurt
- 1 egg. beaten
- 2tbsp chopped parsley
- 150ml milk
- 50g grated cheese
- 1. In a frying plan, fry the onion gently in the margarine for 3 mins. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 min. Remove the pan from the heat and gradually stir in the chicken stock and milk and bring to the boil, stirring until lightly thickened. If too thick add a little more milk
- 2. Add the tuna, salt and pepper to taste, the lemon rind the sliced boiled eggs.
- 3. Layer the sauce and the dry sheets of lasagne in a greased ovenproof dish, starting and finishing with sauce.
- 4. Bake in a moderately hot oven, covered with a piece of greased, greaseproof paper - gas 5 or 180oC for 15 mins. Beat the yoghurt lightly with the beaten egg and stir in the parsley. Spoon evenly over the lasagne and sprinkle on the cheese. Bake for a further 20 mins.
This dish freezes fabulously and can be kept to use in emergencies or when those unexpected visitors descend upon you.
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 2 large tins tuna in oil drained
- 1 large heinz cream of tomato soup
- 2T Oregano. dried
- 2 medium white onions
- 2 T sunflower oil
- SAUCE 2
- ½ CUP Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 1 large tub Double cream
- 1 large tub cottage cheese
- 1 pkt penne pasta
- ½ cup Grated Cheddar Cheese
- Fry the onions in the olive oil until golden brown. Add the drained tuna and fry further. Add the Heinz tomato sauce and leave to cook for 3 minutes. Add oregano, salt and pepper. In the meantime, in a seperate bowl, combine the double cream, cottage cheese and greated cheddar cheese and set aside.
- Boil the pasta in salted water until ready. Drain and set aside.
- In an oven proof flat dish place some of the pasta until the bottom is completely covered. Add the tuna mixture and top it with the cream mixture. (make sure theat the cream mixture is not too dry)Top this with the remaining pasta and sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake at 180degrees until heated through and crispy on top. Serve with a green salad.