Tuna pie recipes
Our top 3 of 5 Tuna pie recipes
- 1 Packet puff pastry
- 1 medium Courgette diced
- 1 Onion diced
- 1 Garlic clove. crushed
- 200g liquidized tomatoes
- 1 tsp Oregano. dried
- Salt and pepper
- 300g Tined tuna
- 2 boiled eggs (optional)
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1. Heat up 2 tbsp olive oil in pot and add chopped onion and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes until golden.
- 2. Add diced courgette and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- 3. Add liquidized tomatoes, oregano and salt and pepper.
- 4. Cook for 20 minutes on low heat until courgettes are tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- 5. Break up tuna with a fork and add to mixture. Mix well and let it cool.
- 6. Season with salt and pepper.
- 7. Meanwhile heat up oven to 200 ºC.
- 8. Prepare pie dish and line with rolled out puff pastry.
- 9. Add tuna mixture and cover with chopped egg.
- 10. Cover with one sheet of pastry. Seal edges, and with remaining pastry decorate top. Make 3-4 holes on the top of the pastry.
- 11. Brush with egg yolk, and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- * Best to serve after it has cooled down for a few minutes.
- 4 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 tbsp. milk
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 450g tuna steaks
- 2 onions, chopped
- 400g chopped tomatoes in juice
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 300g frozen peas
- 1 packet ready salted crisps, crushed
- to taste salt and pepper
- 1. Cook the potatoes in boiling water, drain, then mash with the milk and butter.
- 2. Preheat the oven to 200C.
- 3. Fry the onions until they are tender, but do not let them brown.
- 4. Add the tomatoes, sugar and vinegar. Add the flaked tuna and simmer about 10 minutes. Add the cooked peas and remove from heat. Season as you like.
- 5. Pour the tuna mixture to the bottom of a baking dish and cover with the mashed potatoes.
- 6. Before serving, sprinkle the pie with the crushed crips and grill it until golden brown.
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 1 Can condensed cream chicken soup
- ½ cup Chicken stock
- 2 cans Tinned tuna
- 1 tsp Dried parsley
- 4 Mushrooms sliced
- Couple handfuls Frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 Pack readymade puff pastry
- Dash Milk to brush over pie
- Heat oven to Gas mark 6
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients except the pastry. Cook until mixture is thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.
- Take off the heat and pour into to a pie dish.
- Roll out the pastry on a floured surface and cut off a piece big enough to cover the pie dish. Carefully place the pastry on the pie, brush with milk and place in the oven - bake according to pack instructions - roughly 35 mins as a guide.
- If you have any pastry left over, you can freeze to use another time.
- Lovely with some mixed veg and potatoes (if you have room!)