Tuna salad recipes
Our top 3 of 8 Tuna salad recipes
- 1 Tuna steak
- 2 Large eggs, hard-boiled and cool
- 2 Little gem lettuces, washed and separated
- 200g New potatoes, cooked and cool
- Handful Cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ Cucumber, chopped
- FOR THE DRESSING
- ¾ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Fresh basil, chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1. Lightly brush tuna with a little olive oil and season. Cook in pan until just cooked through (approx 3-4 min each side)
- 2. Mix the mustard, garlic, basil and seasoning together. Whisk in the olive oil
- 3. Assemble your lettuce onto plates, add potatoes, tomatoes, cucumber, and eggs (quartered)
- 4. Flake the tuna and add to plates, pour over your creamy dressing
- 6 ½ oz cans of light tuna
- ¼ cup finely diced celery
- 3 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 3 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- to taste salt and pepper
- 1 small chopped tomato
- -------- Dressing
- 3 medium cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. honey
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp cracked black pepper
- 4 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 4 oz silken tofu
- ½ tsp. italian herbs
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- little water (if necessary)
- Mince onions and press garlic and let sit for 5-10 minutes to bring out their health-promoting benefits.
- Blend dressing ingredients in blender adding oil a little at a time at end (to incorporate.) Blend well to make sure sunflower seeds are ground.
- Mix tuna, celery, walnuts, parsley, onion, salt and pepper.
- Mix desired amount of dressing with tuna mixture.
- Serve on bed of chopped romaine lettuce with chopped tomato.
Try to have this sald with seared fresh Tuna or even salmon. I love adding anchovies on mine, too.
- 3 baby new potatoes. cooked and halved
- 1 Baby Cos (Romaine) Lettuce. The leaves washed and sorted. Iced Gem lettuce is ok to use.
- 5 cherry tomatoes. halved
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 100g Green Beans. cooked and drained
- 10 Black Olives
- 1 Can of Tuna chunks (preferrable in brine). drained
- 1 hard boiled egg (quartered)
- FOR THE DRESSING
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Balsmaic Vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Arrange the lettuce, tomatoes, new potatoes, green beans, egg quarters and chopped onions on your plate. Add the tuna and olives on top and add the dressing.