Turkey breast recipe recipes
Our top 3 of 6 Turkey breast recipe recipes
- Turkey in Mushroom Sauce
- Turkey Chasseur
- Turkey Croque-monsieur
- Recent recipes
- View all 6 variations
- 4 turkey breasts
- 1 can Heinz Mushroom Soup
- ½ cup milk
- ½ lb mushroom
- ½ cup sherry wine
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 tbsp. flour
- ½ tsp. basil
- 1 small onion
- 1. Chop the onion and frying in a pan until tender
- 2. Meanwhile Slice the turkey breast for stripes and add to the onion Then add in the sliced mushrooms.
- 2. Mix together remaining ingredients in a bowl and pour over chicken.
- 3. Cover and simmer on a low heat for 20 mins
This mix cost about 27p from Lidl. It told me to add an onion & mushrooms - but I had carrots & leeks to use up! I guess you could use any veg you fancied! This turned into a really tasty lovely easy dish!
- 4 slices turkey breast - thin slices
- 3 carrots sliced
- 1 large Leeks. sliced
- 1 packet chicken chasseur mix (from Lidl!)
- - put the turkey, sliced carrots & leeks into a deep saucepan / casserole dish
- - mix the packet of chasseur with 1/2 pint water / enough to cover all of the ingredients
- - pour the mix over the ingredients & bring to the boil
- - boil up your spuds for mash
- - simmer with lid on for 30 mins / until turkey falls apart
- - take lid off for last 5 mins to allow mixture to reduce
- - serve with mashed spuds!
- 20g butter or margarine
- 20g flour
- 200ml milk
- 1 ½ tbsp Dijon mustard
- 50g cheese (of your choice), grated
- 4 slices White bread, sliced
- Cranberry Sauce
- 50g Gruyere cheese. grated
- 200g approx turkey (cooked)
- 1. Preheat oven to 220 degrees C/Gas mark 7.
- 2. In a pan melt the butter until foamy but not coloured, then stir in the flour.
- 3. Cook for 3 minutes. Pour in the cold milk and whisk well over the heat to stop lumps forming.
- 4. Remove from heat and stir in the mustard and cheese. Season well.
- 5. Line the bread out on your work surface and spread 2 slices with cranberry sauce, then cheese sauce and scatter over Gruyere. Top with turkey and sandwich with the remaining bread.
- 6. Lightly press down then spead the tops with remaining sauce and crumbled gruyere. Bake until the cheese melts and the sandwich turns golden.