Vanilla ice cream recipes
Our top 3 of 12 Vanilla ice cream recipes
- Aunt Sue's Homemade Ice Cream
- Sunil Vijayakar's Simple Vanilla Ice-cream
- Quick Vanila Ice-cream with Crunchy Chocolate pieces
- Recent recipes
- View all 12 variations
2 CommentsAdd comment
- 4 oz Caster sugar
- 4 Eggs separated
- ½ pt (300 ml) Double cream
- vanilla essence/other flavouring
- Whisk egg whites until stiff peaks and slowly add the sugar (as if you're making a meringue).
- In separate bowl whisk double cream to soft peaks and fold into egg whites.
- Lightly fork the egg yolks and then mix with the flavouring.
- Add this to the cream mixture and gently fold again.
- Pour into a tub and freeze over night, NO NEED TO STIR!
- EASY PEASY.
- SUGGESTIONS FOR FLAVOURS:
- vanilla/fruit/coffee/stem ginger/chocolate/smarties/nuts/caramel/fudge
Sunil Vijayakar's Simple Vanilla Ice-cream
by Sunil Vijayakar
Views 68, Added Wed Aug 11 2010
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 300ml milk
- 100g caster sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 vanilla pods, sliced in ½ lengthways
- 300ml double cream
- HOW TO MAKE ICE-CREAM BY HAND...
- Set your freezer to -18C. Pour your ice-cream mixture into a shallow container, then cover and freeze for 2-3 hours.
- Remove from the freezer and mash the mixture up with a fork, breaking any crystals that form on the sides.
- Return to the freezer and repeat every 30 minutes for up to 4 hours, or until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Cover and freeze until ready to serve.
- ...OR WITH AN ICE-CREAM MAKER
- STEP ONE
- Bring 300ml (10fl oz) milk to just under the boil. Place a bowl on a damp cloth and add 100g (3½oz) caster sugar and 4 egg yolks. Whisk well to combine.
- Pour the milk into the mixture slowly, whisking, then return to the pan. On a medium heat, stirring, allow to thicken. Return to the bowl and leave to cool.
- STEP TWO
- Once cool, pour mixture back into pan. Slice 2 vanilla pods in half, lengthways. Split the pods open and scrape out the seeds using the tip of a knife.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and blend in 300ml (10fl oz) double cream. Whisk until thoroughly combined. Return the mixture to the pan.
- STEP THREE
- Pour into an ice-cream maker (or use the hand method, see above) and churn for 20-25 minutes (according to the manufacturer's instructions).
- After churning, transfer the ice-cream into a shallow, freezer-proof container and freeze for 4-5 hours.
Quick Vanila Ice-cream with Crunchy Chocolate pieces
by maria ryder
Views 934, Added Thu Jan 20 2011
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 1 2ltr vanila ice cream box
- 1 packet bourbon biscuits
- 1 bag of maltesers
- 1 crunchie bar
- Cling film a dish that can go in the freezer. It would be better if it was rectangle shape even a plastic container will do, but you have to cover it in clingfilm.
- Take out from the freezer your shop bought ice cream and let it stand in at room temperature for about 10-15m.
- Place the bourboun biscuits in a large bag and crunch them with a rolling pin or anything that will bash them up.
- Do the same for the maltesers and the crunchie bar.
- Place the soft ice cream in a dish add all the other crunched ingredients mix well and place it inside your clingfilmed container.
- Place in the freezer for a good few hours ( over night if you can).
- When you want to serve take out from freezer turn upside down on to a plate remove the clingfilm and slice.
- TIP:When you cut the ice cream run your knife through hot water and you will be able to slice it easily.
- You can also use other biscuits or other chocolates but which ever it always tastes good.