Vegetable bake recipes
Our top 3 of 3 Vegetable bake recipes
- Vegetable Bake with Apples
- Vegetarian Courgette Bake
- Baked Vegetables with Ricotta
- Recent recipes
- View all
Minus the nuts and breadcrumbs you can use the mixture as a pie filling instead. You can also vary the vegetables, depending on what is in season or you've got to hand.
1 CommentsAdd comment
- 8 oz Carrots Peeled and Chopped
- 8 oz mushrooms chopped
- 8 oz leeks chopped incl. green for colour
- Enough to saute Butter with oil to prevent burning
- 2 cloves or puree garlic cloves. crushed
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 4 oz Stilton. crumbled or any cheese of choice
- Quarter pt Double cream
- 8 oz cooking apples. peeled. cored and sliced
- 2 med - large eggs. beaten
- 8 oz nuts chopped
- To season salt and pepper
- 8 oz bread (white.brown.wholemeal)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C or equivalent.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large pan and toss in vegetables and garlic, but not the apples, and saute until just going soft. Keep stirring from time to time.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs, cheeses and cream in a bowl. Season to taste.
- Add the apples to the vegetables and saute until just going soft. Turn all into a buttered fireproof dish and pour over the egg mixture.
- Fold the nuts into the breadcrumbs and spread over the top.
- Bake for 30 - 35 mins.
8 CommentsAdd comment
- 8 courgette
- 2 egg
- 1 carton cream
- 2 cup ,grated cheese
- 1.Preheat the oven to 200c/400F or Gas mark 6 and grease the baking dish with the butter.
- 2.Wash and slice the courgettes and cook them in the saucepan of boiling water for 3 to 4 mins.
- 3.Put the colander in the sink annd very carefully pour the courgettes into the colander to drain away the water.
- 4.Whisk the eggs and cream together in the mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper.Now carefully grate the cheese intoa bowl.(Keep your knuckles away from the grater!)
- 5.Put the courgettes into the baking dish and cover with the creamy egg mixture.Sprinkle the grated cheese on top.
- 6.Bake the courgettes for about 20 mins until the cheese turns golden brown
- And serve with baked potatoes or hot french bread.
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 4 courgette
- 1 aubergine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 2 red onions
- 4 plum tomatoes
- ½ cup basil
- 200g low fat ricotta
- halve/thick slices peppers, courgette and aubergine place skin side up in baking dish and drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast for 20 mins.
- add garlic and onion
- add tomatoes and basil
- crumble ricotta over and bake for 30 mins