Vegetable pasta recipes
Our top 3 of 2 Vegetable pasta recipes
- Creamy Mushroom and Aubergine Pasta Bake
- Tomato and Broccoli Pasta Bake
- Veg Pasta Bake
- Recent recipes
- View all
I have substituted the chedder for blue cheese before and it has been very tasty! I have never tried this before but I reckon you could probably swap the double cream for something a bit less fattening like natural fromage frais for example if you like. Let me know how it turns out if you do this!
- 4 tbs olive oil to fry
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves. crushed
- 250g/8oz mushrooms.halved
- 375g/12oz Cooked pasta
- 1 pint double cream
- 50g/2oz chedder cheese . grated
- salt and pepper
- 1 Aubergine
- sprinkle Ground Nutmeg
- 1.Heat oil in a large frying pan, add onion and garlic and fry for 5 minutes.
- 2. Add mushrooms, stir fry for another 5 minutes then transfer onion/mushroom mix to a separate bowl.
- 3. Chop aubergine roughly then fry it in the remaining oil in the pan until golden
- 4. Add onion/mushroom mixture and cooked pasta
- 5. Season GENEROUSLY with salt and pepper
- 6. Transfer to an oiled gratin dish and pour over the cream, sprinkle the grated cheese all over the top and sprinkle with ground nutmeg.
- 7. Put the dish in a preheated oven (190 degrees or gas mark 4) and bake for 30 minutes until bubbling and golden
- Serve with a simple green salad
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 oz onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- ¼ tsp dried parsley
- ¼ tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp sugar
- 4 oz pasta, uncooked weight
- 6 oz broccoli
- 1 oz low fat grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180C degrees.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pana nd cook the onion and garlic until slightly softened. Add the tomatoes, herbs and sugar and simmer, uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Meantime, prepare the pasta according to package directions, omitting any suggested fat or salt.
- In the last few minutes of the cooking time, add the broccoli florets to the tomato sauce and continue to simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add in the cooked pasta and mix well. Pour the pasta mix into an ovenproof dish, top with grated cheese and bake for 25 minutes.
- 100g Baby carrots
- 100g baby corn
- 100g fine beans
- 100g sugar snaps
- tomato sauce
- penne pasta
- pinch salt
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp garlic puree
- Preheat oven to 180.C
- 1)Cook the pasta as instructed on the packaging.
- 2)Prepare the veg. the smaller you chop them, the faster they cook.
- 3)Place the olive oil, veg, salt and garlic purée in a wok and stir. Should come out a golden brown colour.
- 4)place the veg in a casserole dish with the tomato sauce.
- 5)Drain the pasta and add to the veg and sauce.
- 6)Mix all together and sprinkle the cheese on top.
- 7) Bake for 20 mins in the oven.