Vegetarian lasagne recipes
Our top 3 of 6 Vegetarian lasagne recipes
- Pembrokes Vegetarian Red Pepper Pesto Lasagne
- Vegetarian Lasagna
- Vegetarian Lasagne
- Recent recipes
- View all 6 variations
Pembrokes Vegetarian Red Pepper Pesto Lasagne
Views 3453, Added Thu Feb 17 2011
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 8 sheets Lasagne pasta
- 2 Shallots (chopped)
- ½ bag Spinach
- Small Jar Red Pepper Pesto
- family size bag Quorn Mince
- 2 Balls Mozzarella cheese
- 150g Caerphilly cheese
- 1 300g Jar White Lasagne Sauce (or make your own)
- as desired salt
- as desired pepper
- parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Chop the shallots
- Bring pan of salted water to boil and cook lasagne sheets til al dente (should take about 10 mins) then separate and drain
- In a frying pan or similar add a tablespoon of olive oil and brown & soften the quorn/mince, then put to one side.
- Saute the shallots in olive oil until soft, then add spinach and mix.
- Take pan off heat and mix most of the jar of pesto into the spinach shallot mix.
- In your dish add a layer of the white sauce at the bottom, then begin to layer up the components as follows:
- Layer of lasagne sheets
- Layer of Quorn/mince
- Layer of spinach/pesto mix
- Layer of crumbled Caerphilly cheese
- Layer of shredded mozzarella
- Layer of lasagne sheets and so on and so on
- Now spread the white pasta sauce over the top of your lasagne, then top with the rest of the mozzarella, grate some parmesan on the top, and pop in the oven for approx 45 mins.
Serve this vegetarian lasagne with some nice warm ciabatta bread and a lovely fresh Italian salad - belissimo!
4 CommentsAdd comment
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 2 grated courgettes
- 420g grated sweet potato
- 150g chopped mushrooms
- 830g chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- olive oil
- 380g lasagna sheets
- 480g ricotta cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- 1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F
- 2. Add as couple of teaspoons of olive oil to the pan and heat up to warm but not too hot. Now add the finely chopped onion and allow to cook for about 3 mins.
- 3. Add the crushed garlic and cook for another 1 minute.
- 4. Now mix in the courgettes, sweet potatoes, mushrooms, tomatoes and tomato puree. Bring the mixture to simmering point and allow to cook for a further for 5 mins.
- 5. Now add to the vegetables for flavouring the the salt and pepper.
- 6. grab a suitable sized dish and grease around the dish with olive oil. Layer a few lasagne pasta pieces into the bottom of the dish to form the base layer.
- 7. Add a layer of sauce and then continuing to build up the lasagne by using layer of lasagne followed by a layer of sauce. Use the ricotta cheese to make up one layer roughly in the centre of the lasagna.
- 8. Finally finish off the lasagne dish by sprinkling the top with Parmesan cheese. Now all you have to do is bake for 30 minutes.
- 9. Now remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 or 10 mins before serving it in square portions.
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- FOR THE FILLING
- 1 aubergine
- 1 large courgette
- 1 red pepper
- 4 oz mushrooms
- 4 oz tomatoes
- 4 tbs tomato puree
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes (optional)
- CHEESE SAUCE
- 4-6 oz full flavoured cheese (Cheddar will do)
- 2 tbs flour
- 2 tbs butter or marg
- ¼ pint milk
- ½ packet lasagne (spinach is nice)
- Heat olive oil in a large pan with a lid
- Dice all vegetables and stir fry in pan
- Add tomato puree and tin of tomatoes (if needed to produce enough juice to cover the vegetables)
- Add crumbled stock cube
- Cover the pan and leave to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the cheese sauce.
- Melt the butter and add the flour slowly, stirring all the time to make a paste
- Very slowly add the milk, stirring continuously to make sure it blends in and doesn't form lumps
- When all the milk has been absorbed, add the grated cheese.
- Season with black pepper
- Pour enough of the mixture to cover the base of an oven-proof serving dish.
- Top with lasagne (you can use the type that doesn't need individual cooking)
- Pour on a layer of cheese sauce.
- Repeat with filling, lasagne & cheese sauce until the dish is full. Finish with a layer of cheese.
- Cook in a medium-hot oven for about 10-15 minutes until the cheese on top is bubbling.