Our top 3 of 8 Waffle recipes
by MartyViewed 1929 times
- 1. Through a sieve or sifter, sift the flour with the salt and baking powder. Make a well in the centre.
- 2. Seperate the eggs and beat the yolks then whisk the whites till its a stiff froth.
- 3. Melt the fat and pour it into the flour. Also add the yolks of the eggs and milk then mix all to a smooth batter. Fold in the whisked whites.
- 4. Make sure the waffle iron is greased and heat it till you see a faint smoke rising. Once you see the smoke, pour a little of the batter into each of the two compartments and spread it over quickly.
- 5. Fold the top half of the waffle iron over this. Leave it for a minute. Lift it open to see if the waffle looks golden-brown, place it on a hot plate.
- 6. Repeat this for the other waffles in the same way.
- 7. If you want a sauce (syrup, butter, honey, etc.), put the sauce on straight after cooking.
- This quantity makes 10 waffles.
- ½ lb. flour
- ¼ tbs. salt
- 1.5 tbs. baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1¾ - 2 ml milk
- ½ oz. margarine or butter
Spinach & Ricotta Waffles
by NikkiLovegroveViewed 1263 times
- Grill waffles till golden, combine topping ingredients, place on waffles and grill till golden.
- frozen waffles
- feta cheese (crumbled)
- cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 tsp mayo
- 2 tsp ricotta
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- chilli (optional)
- chopped fresh spinach
- chopped fresh basil
Waffle Berry Pudding
by miss_louisaViewed 8727 times
- 1. Set oven to 200c.
- 2. Break the waffles and white chocolate into chunks
- 3. Place half the waffles in a deep dish and add half of the chocolate and half of the raspberries.
- 4. Combine sugar, flour, creme fraiche, eggs and vanilla essence - whisk and spoon half of the mixture evenly over the raspberries.
- 5. Repeat the process - place the remainder of the waffles, white chocolate and raspberries then cover with the remainder of the mixture.
- 6. Place in oven for 30mins.
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream
- 480g Sweet waffles
- 150g White Chocolate
- 300g frozen raspberries
- 2 oz caster sugar
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 18 fl oz Creme Fraiche
- 3 eggs
- ½ tsp Vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
by cranberryViewed 1 times
- Mix all ingrediendts, pour onto a hot waffle iron and wait until they’re brownish. It’s so simple!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups soya milk
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar