1. Pre-heat the oven to 200 C/ 400 F/ Gas mark 6.
2. Put the potatoes into a pan of cold salted water, bring to boil and simmer for 5 minutes or until just tender. Drain
3. Put the potatoes, thyme, garlic and 4 tablespoons olive oil into a large oven proof dish. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Bake for 20 minutes.
5. Meanwhile sear the salmon. Heat a large frying pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Cook for 2 minutes on each side. Add the fish to the potatoes. Pour over the zest and the lemon juice. Scatter over the capers and cherry tomatoes, pour over the wine or vegetable stock.
6. Return to the oven for 15 minutes or until the fish is cooked and the potatoes are soft.
To serve the stylish way: Serve on warmed plates with sprigs of fresh thyme.
- The addition of capers can be substituted for olives to satisfy any fussy family members. Just add a crisp green salad is all that is needed to complete this delicious salmon meal.