1. Preheat the oven to 180C (160C fan) gas 4.
2. Grease and line a shallow 20cm square tin with parchment or greaseproof paper.
3. Gemtly melt together the butter, Tate & Lyle sugar and Lyle’s Golden Syrup into a pan.
4. Stir in the oats.
5. Turn into the previously greased tin.
6. Level and press the mixture evenly and firmly with the back of a spoon.
7. Bake for 25 minutes, or until just golden around the edges.
8. Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes then mark into 12 or 16 pieces whilst still warm.
9. Cool completely before turning out onto a board and cutting again with a sharp knife.
- Flapjacks will keep up to a week in an airtight container