Extra Special Macaroni Cheese (with Pancetta and Dolcelatte)
- You could always use bacon instead of pancetta, and mature cheddar or any strong cheese instead of Dolcelatte if you're not a fan of blue cheese.
(Although I highly recommend Dolcelatte, it is a lovely creamy cheese that tastes divine in this dish).
Replacing the pancetta and spring onions with bacon and leeks is also a good variation on this recipe!
I have also added chestnut mushrooms in the past which worked well.
- Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper
- Teaspoon Freshly crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Pinch Grated Nutmeg
- Teaspoon Mustard Powder
- Bunch Chopped Fresh Basil
- Bunch Chopped Frest Parsley
- 40g Butter
- 40g Plain Flour
- 200ml Milk
- 245ml Double Cream
- 500g Dried Macaroni
- 100g Pancetta
- 120g Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 300g Dolcelatte Cheese
- Bunch Chopped Spring Onions
- Fresh Breadcrumbs
- Olive Oil