1. Pre-heat the oven to 180C/Gas 4.
2. Grease and line a 9" spring release tin.
3. Boil the grated carrots to soften and drain thoroughly in a sieve.
4. Whisk the egg yolks and sugar until frothy.
5. Stir in the carrots, chopped apricots, 3/4 of the brazil nuts and hazelnuts, 30g of the sunflower seeds and the orange juice and rind.
6. Sift together the whlemeal flour, baking powder and cinnamon and stir into the carrot mixture, a spoonful at a time.
7. Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 40 mins.
8. Sprinkle over all remaining nuts and seeds and bake for a further 30 mins until firm.
9. Leave in the tin for 10 mins and then cool on a wire rack.
Wrap in greaseproof paper and store for 2 days to allow the flavours to mature.
Add a cream cheese frosting if you like!