Per 100 grams of cake, there are 6.9 grams of carbohydrates, 4.2 grams of which are sugar. Suitable for diabetics! It should also be friendly to dieters.
Ground Almonds are cheapest at Asda in the UK. Don't preheat the oven yet, we'll mostly be using the microwave.
1. Taking your mixing bowl, put the vanilla extract, the three eggs, the oil, and the baking powder in and thoroughly mix.
2. Next, add the artificial sweetener. Look at the box to see how much you should use for a 150 gram cake. (If you use granulated Splenda, you need 12 level table spoons).
3. Add the ground almonds in and mix very thoroughly to beat air in. The mixture should not be difficult to stir and not so runny it drops straight off your mixing spoon. It should be similar to the consistency of porridge. If it is too stiff, add a little water.
4. Grease up a container that is microwavable and oven proof, like a glass bowl, and pour the mixture in. It should spread out evenly by itself. Put the container on a plate, as it will become quite hot in the microwave.
5. Place these into the microwave and cook on full power for a minute. Then leave to stand for 30 seconds.
6. Keep repeating step 5 until the cake no longer looks runny and is firm to the touch on top. It'll take about 3 to 6 repeats.
7. If you want to brown the top of the cake, turn the oven on to preheat at 190 °C / Gas Mark 5.
8. Stab a sharp knife into the cake and pull it out. If the knife has cake mixture on it, go back and repeat step 5 until the knife comes out clean.
9. Transfer the container to the oven (careful it's hot) and leave it for about 10 minutes until it has browned slightly on the top.
10. Take it out of the oven. Using an ordinary knife, carefully prod around all sides of the cake until it is loose on all sides. Carefully force the knife under the cake at all angles to loosen the bottom. Flip the container upside down onto a plate, and then flip that on to another plate to turn the cake back up the right way.
All done! Now you really can have your cake and eat it. If you want to make a bigger cake, just double every ingredient.