1. Preheat your oven to 180C (fan) / 190C (Electric) / Gas Mark 5.
2. Prepare your apples and cut them into quarters.
3. Heat a large OVENPROOF pan on the gas hob and add your sugar once the pan is hot to form a caramel.
4. Add the apples and add the butter.
5. Cut the pastry to the same size as the pan using a knife to go around a bowl, for example.
6. Place your pastry on top of the apples in the pan and bake in the oven, middle shelf for 25 minutes.
As simple as that!
Serve with Double Cream! Mmmmmmmm :)