1. Peel and coarsely chop all veg.
2. Boil spare ribs, veg, stock and pepper and simmer for 2 hours. Remove any scum that forms towards the end of this process.
3. At end of cooking blend flour with a little cream (or milk) and stir into soup off the boil.
4. Finally add vinegar, sugar and ketchup.
- If you're not a fan of gnawing bones or de-scumming soup (as I'm not) then the streaky rashers option is for you. Cut them into chunks before adding.
Stir in some single cream before eating, or yoghurt if you prefer a healthier option