1. Preheat oven to 180 °C/gas mark 4.
2. Tip all cake ingredients into large mixing bowl and beat for 2-3 minutes, mixture will drop easily off spoon.
3. Spoon mixture into tin and smooth with back of spoon. I use an oblong tin which measures 9" x 8", lined with baking parchment. You could also use a round tin.
4. Bake for 30-40 minutes until golden & firm to the touch.
5. Beat together icing ingredients and pour over the cake while it is still HOT.
6. Cool in tin & slice.
When you think of dumplings and if you are like me, you mostly think of mince and suet dumplings. But dumplings don't have to be savoury; this list is for those who enjoy sugary sweet delights in dump... keep reading
This Cava is a refreshing blend of apple and citrus with second fermentation in bottle, same method as Champagne at a fraction of the price.