1. Grind the walnuts into a paste in a blender, adding the pomegrantes once it is smooth.
2. Add the chicken pieces to a large pot along with a teaspoon of olive oil. Add the finely chopped onion to the chicken before adding the tumeric and the saffron.
3. When the chicken becomes golden, add the pomegrante-walnuts sauce.
4. Let it boil for 15 minutes.
5. Turn down the heat and let it simmer for 90 minutes.
6. Towards the end of the 90 minutes, add as much sugar as needed for your taste. Remove any oil that has gathered on the top of the stew.
7. Serve with rice and enjoy!