PREHEAT OVEN TO 200 DEGREES C.
1. For the filling, pour milk into a large saucepan, add onion and bayleaves, season with salt and pepper.
2. Put fish pieces into pan and bring to a gentle simmer, cover and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Remove pan from the heat and leave to stand for 20 minutes.
4. Strain into a jug through a sieve.
5. Melt butter in a medium saucepan and stir in the flour to make a roux. Gradully add the milk, stirring constantly, then simmer over a medium heat until the sauce is smooth and thick. Stir in frozen peas and season with salt and pepper.
6. Spread a third of the sauce into a large high sided baking dish and flake half the fish pieces over the sauce, discarding the onion and bayleaves.
7. Scatter half the prawns over the fish and pour over another third of the sauce. Repeat this, finishing with the final third of the sauce.
TO MAKE THE TOPPING
Make up the instant mash according to instructions. Add the butter, milk , 2 thirds of the grated cheese & mustard. Mix together thoroughly and spread over the top of the fish mix. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake in centre of the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden.
|Instant Mashed Potato Powder||176 grms/large packet|
|Sea Salt And Freshly Ground Black Pepper|
|Frozen Peas||150 grms|
|Cooked Chilled King Prawns||180 grms|
|Mixed Fish Pieces (usually Sold As Fish Pie Mix)||320 grms|
|Plain Flour||40 grms|
|Small Onion Thickly Sliced||1|
|Whole Milk||400 mls|
|Grated Cheddar Cheese||100 grms|
|Prepared English Mustard||!/4 tspn|
The fish cake is a very versatile food, much like a croquette, the fish cake is a potato patty mixed with one or various fish and bread crumbed, battered and fried. The original fish cakes were made u... keep reading
This beautiful rose wine is made entirely from Cabernet Sauvignon grapes, fruit driven, refreshing with abundance of berry flavours and a pleasant long finish.