1. Pre-heat oven to 160o C.
2. Blend the beetroot, vanilla extract and sunflower oil in a food processor.
3. Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking power and salt into a bowl.
4. In a seperate bowl whish the caster sugar and the eggs together.
5. Whisk the beetroot mixture into the caster and eggs mix and then fold in the sifted dry ingredients.
6. Stir in the white chocolate chunks.
7. Grease and line a 28cm cake tin and pour in cake mixture.
8. Bake for about 45 minutes (test by cake springing back to touch and skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean).
9. Cool on wire rake. Once cold dust with cocoa powder and serve with double cream.
Chutneys are an amazingly varied array of sweet, tangy or hot condiments. They originally hailed from India as a type of preserve as an alternative to the subcontinent’s scarcity of sugar. Today, chu... keep reading
Minerally, unoaked with lemon and apple fruit character, delicate and well balanced. Founded in 1859 this label has become the reliable stamp of quality and consistency. The Maconnais is located in the Southern part of Burgundy, close to the famous Cote d'Or a region ideal for growing Chardonnay. Buy this wine if you like: Chardonnay with mineral freshness and delicate friut.