1. First of all, place the paper cups in your cupcake tins and Pre-heat your oven to 180oC
2. In a bowl: Sieve the self-raising flour, vanilla sugar, cinnamon and baking powder and mix well but gently together
3. In your electric mixer: cream the castor sugar & butter together until pale and creamy
4. Add the vanilla essence and corn (or vegetable) oil
5. Add the milk
6. Now add the beaten eggs
7. Time to fold in the flour .. One tablespoon at a time
8. Tap the sides of the electric mixing bowl as sometimes the flour doesn't aim towards the blades (needs a little help!)
9. Keep going until you have used all the flour
10. When your batter is ready, let it rest for a moment and then gently add in the blueberries and stir gently - try not to break them!
11. One Tablespoon and one teaspoon of mixture in each cupcake paper case (12 cupcakes)
12. Bake in the middle shelf of the oven for 17 minutes exactly
Original recipe by L. Shannon - The Candlebridge Bakery & Soup Kitchen Ireland - 22 June 2013
|Large Farmhouse Eggs||2 Beaten|
|Cold Milk||4 Dessertspoons|
|Butter (Room Temperature)||100g|
|Baking Powder||1 ½ Teaspoon|
|Ground Cinnamon||1 Dessertspoon|
|Vanilla Sugar||2 Dessertspoons|
|Self Raising Flour||125g|
Oils & Essences
|Natural Vanilla Essence||1 Dessertspoon|
|Corn Or Vegetable Oil||1 Teaspoon|
Now if you like, you can let these cool for a moment and then gently tear off the paper cases and turn your cupcakes upside down on the plate.
Now add that dollop of cream to the side and shake over some cinnamon ..
These would be lovely with a lemon custard too and a shake of nutmeg, so you could alternate between vanilla essence or lemon essence, cinnamon or nutmeg.