CRISPY ROAST POTATOES
* Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/400F/gas 6. Peel and cut up 900g maincrop potatoes. Cook in boiling salted water for 8 minutes. Drain into a sieve and leave briefly for the steam to evaporate then return to the pan and roughly shake, tossing them so that the outsides turn fluffy and flaky. Clarify about 100g of unsalted butter by heating gently then pouring off the clear yellow butter, leaving any white residue behind.
* Tip the potatoes into a roasting tray then trickle over the clarified butter and 2 tbsp olive oil. Scatter with flakes of sea salt and roast for 11⁄,4 hours, turning at least once, until evenly gold all over, the colour of a crisp.
POTATOES SAUTEED IN GOOSE FAT
* Scrub 600g-700g waxy salad-type potatoes. Cook until just tender in salted boiling water, drain well and cut into thick round slices.
* Heat 40g goose fat in a large frying pan over a medium-low heat and sauté the potatoes for 15-20 minutes, turning every few minutes, until evenly golden and crisp. Season a few minutes into cooking. Halfway through, add three sprigs of rosemary or thyme. If you like, add a finely chopped clove of garlic a couple of minutes before the end.
BUTTERED BABY POTATOES
* Peel and scrub 800g small waxy potatoes and cook until tender in boiling salted water. Drain in a colander and leave for a few minutes for the surface moisture to evaporate.
* Return to the pan, add 50g butter and leave to melt, then transfer to a serving dish.
Buttered baby potatoes
|Small Waxy Potatoes||800g|
Crispy roast potatoes
Potatoes sauteed in goose fat
|Garlic Clove, Finely Copped (optional)||1|
|Rosemary Or Thyme||3 sprigs|
|Sea Salt And Blak Pepper|
|Waxy Salad Potatoes||600-700g|
The fish cake is a very versatile food, much like a croquette, the fish cake is a potato patty mixed with one or various fish and bread crumbed, battered and fried. The original fish cakes were made u... keep reading
Minerally, unoaked with lemon and apple fruit character, delicate and well balanced. Founded in 1859 this label has become the reliable stamp of quality and consistency. The Maconnais is located in the Southern part of Burgundy, close to the famous Cote d'Or a region ideal for growing Chardonnay. Buy this wine if you like: Chardonnay with mineral freshness and delicate friut.