1. Salt the skin of the pork belly and leave for 2 hours.
2. Preheat the oven to 150C/130C fan/300F/gas 2. Rinse off the salt, pat the pork belly dry and place it, skin side up, in a roasting tin.
3. Mix together the remaining ingredients and smother all over the pork belly. Bake for 21⁄,2 hours, then remove from the oven.
4. Turn your grill to medium high. Gently lift the pork belly into another roasting tin and place under the grill. Strain the cooking juices from the first tin into a wide saucepan and bring to a simmer on the stove top.
5. Turn the pork belly regularly to ensure it is grilled evenly and crisps up nicely.
6. Reduce the cooking liquid to a sticky syrup and brush it over the pork belly once it has crisped up. Carve and serve while hot.
|Fresh Root Ginger Peeled And Finely Diced||150g|
|Medium Red Chillies Finely Diced||3|
|Piece Boned Pork Belly (about 1.5kg) Rind Scored||1|
|Cloves Garlic Peeled And Crushed||4|
Chutneys are an amazingly varied array of sweet, tangy or hot condiments. They originally hailed from India as a type of preserve as an alternative to the subcontinent’s scarcity of sugar. Today, ... keep reading
A firm structure, underlying fresh cherry fruits, soft tannins and lasting finish.