1. Bring the milk to the boil in a saucepan then remove from the heat.
2. In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolks with 100g of the sugar, then whisk in a little of the hot milk. Add this mixture to the hot milk in the saucepan and stir over a low heat until it is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
3. Add 100ml of the cream and the Sambuca, then pour through a fine sieve into a shallow container. Cover the surface of the ice-cream base with cling film to prevent a skin from forming and place it in the fridge for 1 hour until cold.
4. Whip the remaining 200ml of cream to soft peaks. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form, then add the remaining 100g sugar and whisk further until you have a smooth and glossy meringue.
5. Fold the ice-cream base and whipped cream together, then fold in the chopped allsorts, making sure they are evenly distributed. Fold in one quarter of the meringue, then add the remaining meringue and mix gently together until combined.
6. Transfer the mixture to a suitable container for your freezer and cover with a well-fitting lid. Freeze for 1 hour, and then gently stir to ensure Allsorts are distributed. Return to the freezer until firm enough to scoop (2-4 hours depending on your freezer).
7. Sprinkle the mini liquorice allsorts over the ice cream before serving.
|Whipping Or Double Cream||300ml|
|Medium Free-range Egg Yolks, Plus 3 Whites||7|
|Semi-skimmed Or Whole Milk||300ml|
|Packet Liquorice Allsorts, Chopped Into Quarters||½ X 215g|
|Mini Liquorice Allsorts To Garnish|
TIPS If leaving in the freezer overnight or making ahead remove from the freezer for 10 mins before serving. If you can’t find mini allsorts, chop the remaining large ones from the packet for decoration.
When coffee and alcohol join forces, it’s a match made in heaven!, so here are 8 cocktail recipes that combine espresso, liquor and even liqueur for a cup of pure indulgence. Nothing beats a ... keep reading
Beaumes is famed for its wine made from the Muscat grape. Rich, sweet and luscious with a touch of white flower on the finish. A delicious and subtle dessert wine. Buy this wine if you like: Sweet dessert wines that are lighter in style.