1. Slice the mutton (use shoulder, plate or neck) in to small pieces and place evenly around the base of a stewing pot.
2. Add your salt and pepper to taste.
3. Pour in the hot water.
4. Cover the pot with a tightly fitting lid and allow to cook (simmer) for about 1 hour.
5. Stir the mutton occassionally just to make sure it cooks evenly.
6. Peel and slice the potatoes and the onions and add to the pot.
7. Allow to cook for a further 1 hour.
8. This dish is best served hot on a bed of rice or ith some lovely dumplings.
Mince and dumplings are a firm favourite with not only family's but can easily be cooked for one. You might think that the recipe can be boring, but it is exactly the opposite. By adding spring onions... keep reading
Trapiche is situated in the Mendoza region of Argentina. The winery was established in 1883 and they are well known for producing quality wine at affordable prices. This is a great example of Sauvignon Blanc from the Mendoza region. Fresh aromas of grapefruit, crisp blackcurrant leaf, green pepper and grassy back notes. Buy this wine if you like: Dry whites with lively fruit and fragrant aromatics.