1. Preheat the oven to 200°C / 400°F / Gas Mark 6. Reduce the heat by 20° if using a fan-assisted electric oven.
2. Stir together the flour, dry mustard powder, salt and pepper. Cut the chicken diagonally into 1cm strips and coat in the seasoned flour, shaking off any excess.
3. Finely chop the onion and gently heat the butter in a pan. When the butter is melted, reduce the heat add the onion. Allow the onion to cook, stirring from time to time, for about 5 minutes or until it is beginning to soften.
4. Add the pieces of chicken and continue to cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Pour the Heinz Spring Vegetable Soup over the chicken.
6. Bring the mixture to the boil and reduce the heat to a simmer. Allow to cook gently for 5 minutes.
7. Stir in the parsley and chunks of ham and put the mixture into a pie dish.
8. Follow the pack instructions on the pastry to make a pie.
9. Beat the egg with a pinch of salt and brush over the pastry.
10. Bake in the top third of the oven for 35 minutes until golden brown.
The fish cake is a very versatile food, much like a croquette, the fish cake is a potato patty mixed with one or various fish and bread crumbed, battered and fried. The original fish cakes were made u... keep reading
The Gehring family has always been committed to making quality wines from some of the most renowned vineyard sites in Germany. Handcrafted, each wine expresses unique aroma and taste that is typical of the Rheinhessen. Well balanced with delicate aromas of lime and mineral notes. Buy this wine if you like: Expressive white wines with distinctive character and luscious fruit. Great for drinking with food.