Ideally, roast the duck one day before you want to make this dish, on a rack to allow the fat to drain into the roasting dish. A 2kg bird will take about 2 hours @
200 degrees C
1. Remove meat from duck with skin still attached and shred finely with a knife.
2. Heat oil in a wok and stir fry the duck for about 2 minutes.
3. Add soy sauce and allow to cook a few seconds longer.
4. Add 2 tspns sugar, cook for about 30 seconds then remove duck with a perforated spoon, leaving juices in the pan.
5. Stir fry bamboo shoots in the juices for a few seconds, then add the chives. Cook together for about 1 minute, add remaining tspn of sugar and cook for about 30 seconds, add duck and mix ingredients together thoroughly.
6. Serve with rice or noodles as part of a Chinese meal.