1. Wash and salt fish and leave to drain.
2. Peel and chop onion into 1" chunks. Put into food processor with the eggs seasoning and oil. Process until mixture is a smooth paste
3. Pour into large bowl add matzah meal stir and leave to swell.
4. Cut fish into 1" chunks and put into the food processor half at a time. Process for 5 seconds until the fish is finely chopped.
5. Add to matzah meal puree and blend by hand.
6. The mixture should be firm enough to shape into a ball about the size of a small apple. If not firm enough add a little more meal if too firm add a little water.
For Fried Gefilte Fish Balls
1. Add enough oil (about 1" deep) to a frying pan and heat. Carefully lower fish balls into oil and fry turning often over a moderate heat until they are an even brown. Remove when cooked and drain on kitchen roll. Can be served hot or left to cool.
The fish cake is a very versatile food, much like a croquette, the fish cake is a potato patty mixed with one or various fish and bread crumbed, battered and fried. The original fish cakes were made u... keep reading
Minerally, unoaked with lemon and apple fruit character, delicate and well balanced. Founded in 1859 this label has become the reliable stamp of quality and consistency. The Maconnais is located in the Southern part of Burgundy, close to the famous Cote d'Or a region ideal for growing Chardonnay. Buy this wine if you like: Chardonnay with mineral freshness and delicate friut.