1. Coat steaks with olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Sear for 2 minutes per side.
2. Remove from heat, cover, and refrigerate steak for 1 hour.
3. Melt butter in large frying. Add shallot and garlic; cook until slightly softened.
4. Add mushrooms and thyme and parsley to taste; cook until mushrooms are browned. Transfer mushroom mixture to a bowl to cool completely; set aside.
5. On a lightly floured surface, roll out puff pastry into a 14-inch square and cut square into four equal squares.
6. Spread 1/4 of mushroom mixture on the pastry, leaving a 1/2-inch edge on all sides.
7. Place chilled steak in the center of the mushroom mixture. Wrap two opposite corners of puff pastry over the steak, overlapping them. Seal with egg wash. Wrap remaining two corners of pastry over steak and seal with egg wash.
8. Place seam-side down on a non-stick baking sheet. Brush the tops with eggwash. Repeat with remaining 3 steaks. Cover loosely and refrigerate for 1 hour.
9. Brush top and sides of each Beef Wellington with remaining eggwash.
10. Bake at 220°C for approx. 15 to 20 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
11. Remove from oven and stand for 5 minutes before serving.
For the peppercorn sauce:
12. Melt butter in pan and add shallots, green peppercorns and sauté until onions are soft. Add brandy and cook until liquid is reduced by half. Add cream and simmer for 2 minutes. Season with salt, pepper.
The fish cake is a very versatile food, much like a croquette, the fish cake is a potato patty mixed with one or various fish and bread crumbed, battered and fried. The original fish cakes were made u... keep reading
Trapiche is situated in the Mendoza region of Argentina. The winery was established in 1883 and they are well known for producing quality wine at affordable prices. This is a great example of Sauvignon Blanc from the Mendoza region. Fresh aromas of grapefruit, crisp blackcurrant leaf, green pepper and grassy back notes. Buy this wine if you like: Dry whites with lively fruit and fragrant aromatics.