For the Pancakes:
1. Combine eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla extract. Beat until foamy. Add the flour and milk (I use a blender to mix all the ingredients until smoooth - alternatively whisk until all the lumps are gone)
3. Prepare the apples by peeling, coring and then cut into thin slices.
4. Heat the oil in the frying pan and then reduce the heat
5. Dip sliced apples into pancake batter. Coat well. Drop into pan and put 1 tbsp of batter on top of each apple slice.
6. Fry until golden brown on one side, then turn and fry until golden brown on the other side.
7. Remove from pan, and put on a plate to keep warm.
8. Melt the butter, syrup and sugar for 4 minutes slowly add the cream.
Pour the toffee sauce into a pouring jug and serve the apple pancakes on individual plates.