1. Set oven to very low,Gas Mark 1/2/250F/120C.
2. Mix the icing sugar and egg white together,adding a little water if necessary to give a fairly soft Royal icing.
3. Fill piping bag.Pipe in 1 1/2 in rounds on to baking sheets lined with foil or non-stick paper.
Sprinkle with almonds.
4. Dry out in the oven for about half an hour.
5. Leave to cool on the baking sheets before carefully peeling off the paper.
Store in an airtight tin.
The sugar crisps can be used as a cake decorations or petit fours,or served with coffee.
Humans are evolutionarily adapted to like sweet tastes, after all they signify high calorie, energising sources of food that are essential for survival. Bring the clock forward to today however and th... keep reading
Beaumes is famed for its wine made from the Muscat grape. Rich, sweet and luscious with a touch of white flower on the finish. A delicious and subtle dessert wine. Buy this wine if you like: Sweet dessert wines that are lighter in style.