1) Preheat the grill to its highest setting.
2) Place the aubergines, cut side up and brush with a little extra virgin olive oil.
3) Grill for 10 - 15 minutes until slightly blackened turning them over halfway through cooking.
4) To make the marinade, put the remaining oil, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, sugar, pine nuts, raisins and salt and pepper in a jug and mix.
5) Place the hot aubergines in a dish and pour over the marinade. Leave to cool, turning the aubergine once or twice before serving.
To Serve the Stylish way: Garnish with sprigs of basil
|Granulated Sugar||2 tablespoons|
|Balsamic Vinegar||2 tablespoons|
|Cloves Garlic Peeled And Finely Chopped||3|
|1 Lemon||Juice of|
|Extra Virgin Olive Oil||200ml|
|Baby Aubergines Halved Lengthways||12|
|Salt And Freshly Ground Black Pepper|
|Large Bunch Of Fresh Basil|
You can use regular sized aubergines if you cannot find the baby variety ~just slice thickly and cut in half.