1. Preheat the oven to Gas 4 / 180c /160c fan. Grease and line three 20cm cake tins.
2. Melt the 110g of chocolate in a bowl over a simmering pan of water (ensuring that the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water or bottom of the pan). Set aside to cool.
3. In a bowl, whisk together the boiling water and cocoa. Add the buttermilk. Set this aside to cool also.
4. Whilst these 2 other bowls are cooling, sift togther the flour, baking powder and salt.
5. In a electric mixer bowl, cream the 110g of butter, sugar and vanilla paste until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one by one.
6. With the mixer speed at low add the chocolate, flour and buttermilk mixes alternatly until all well combined into cake batter.
7. Divide between the three cake tins and bake for 25 - 30 minutes until centre is cooked. Remove and leave to cool on wire rack.
8. To make the icing, Melt the 225g of butter, 285g of chocolate and syrup in a bowl over pan of simmering water (as before). Set aside for 20 mins to cool.
9. Stir in the cream thoroughly and leave to cool for another 10 minutes until thick enough to spread as icing.
10. Place the first layer of cake and ice with a thick layer of icing, repeat witht he second and third layers. Use the remainder of the icing to ice the side of the cake and thicker layer on the top of the cake. Decorate with your mini Easter eggs or other decorations.
|Golden Syrup||2 tbsp|
|Vanilla Bean Paste||1 tsp|
|Soft Brown Sugar||340g|
|Baking Powder||2 tsp|
|SR Flour (sieved)||280g|
|Cocoa Powder||3 tbsp|
|Mini Eggs Or Other Easter Decorations Of Your Choice||assortment|