1. Place the peeled potatoes into a pot of water to boil, chopping any particularly large potatoes into halves and quarters. Chop Scallions up into small rings.
2. Potatoes are ready when they can easily be penetrated with a fork.
3. Drain water from the pot, remove potatoes and place to one side.
4. Mix the Butter and Milk in the pot and return to a low heat. Toss in the chopped scallions.
5. Using a Potato Ricer for best/smoothest results mash the Potatoes into the milk, scallions and butter. If you find the mash is not soft enough for your liking add a little more milk/butter.
6. Season with Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste and serve as either a main or as a side (as illustrated, usually to accompany red meat like pork chops, sausages, steak etc)