1. On a large frying pan heat 1/2 tbsp. olive oil over a low heat, add garlic and onion, fry for 2-3 minutes until soft.
2. Add rice, stir the ingredients and pour in 1/4 of the vegetable stock, stir it again and cover the pan with the lid.
3. When the mixture becomes a bit thicker add frozen peas and cut into 2 inch pieces asparagus, add another 1/4 of the stock.
4. Simmer until more liquid has been absorbed and continue adding more stock until the mixture is tender.
5. Add grated vegan parmesan and fresh ground black pepper and mix in with the risotto.
6. To serve top asparagus risotto with more parmesan and fresh parsley.