1. Sift the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl. Remember to hold the sieve high so the flour gets a airing.
2. Make a hole in the centre of the flour and break the eggs into it.
3. Add the milk and water together to make a mixture.
4. Whisk in the eggs and then add add small quantities of the milk and water mixture.
5. Continue whisking until the batter is smooth, with the consistency of thin cream.
5. Melt the butter in a frying pan.
6. Spoon 2 tbsp of the melted butter into the batter and whisk it in.
7. Pour any left over butter into a dish and keep for later to grease the frying pan after each pancake has been made.
8. Make sure the frying pan is really hot before adding about 2 tbsp of the batter mixture. As soon as the batter hits the hot pan, tip the pan around from side to side to get the base of the pan evenly coated with batter.
9. Carefully lift the edge of the cooked pancake to see if it's golden brown.
10. Flip the pancake over to cook the other side. If you are feeling adventurous try to flip it in the air but remember to catch it!
Once cooked you can stack the pancakes as you make them between sheets of greaseproof paper and serve all in one go.
Serve with a filling of your choice - Sweet or Savory? My favourite is the good old fashioned sugar and freshly squeezed lemon juice.