1. Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F / gas mark 4.
2. Peel and slice the apples, place in a saucepan with the brown sugar and approximately 1tbsp (15ml) water and simmer gently until soft.
Then arrange them in the bottom of a 1.5 pint buttered pie dish.
3. Cream the butter and caster sugar until pale and fluffy, then beat in the eggs, a little at a time.
4. When both the eggs are in, carefully and lightly fold in the ground almonds.
5. Now spread this mixture over the apples, levelling out the surface with the back of a spoon.
6. Then bake on a high shelf in the oven for exactly 1 hour
When you think of dumplings and if you are like me, you mostly think of mince and suet dumplings. But dumplings don't have to be savoury; this list is for those who enjoy sugary sweet delights in dump... keep reading
Minerally, unoaked with lemon and apple fruit character, delicate and well balanced. Founded in 1859 this label has become the reliable stamp of quality and consistency. The Maconnais is located in the Southern part of Burgundy, close to the famous Cote d'Or a region ideal for growing Chardonnay. Buy this wine if you like: Chardonnay with mineral freshness and delicate friut.